How to Enrol | International Students
Online applications are now open
All other applications and enquiries should be directed to:
Liz Signal (Principal)
Phone: 0064 7 574 2868
Mob: 0064 27 578 4955
Address: Bay Learning Academy, 22 Taupo Ave, Bayfair, Mt Maunganui
If your application is successful you will be offered a place. If you are unsuccessful you will also be notified.
You should accept the Offer of Place in writing and send the tuition fees to the institution.
You deposit your fees DIRECTLY to the Public Trust in NZ.
The NZ government has strict rules on how your money is looked after.
Bank: Public Trust,Bay Learning Academy
Account Number: 02 0536 0305865 01
Please use your name as the Code.
Bay Learning Academy will send a receipt for your fees. If you are looking to come on a Student Visa we will send the information to help you (see Step 6).
You must be covered by medical insurance while in New Zealand. In the event of an accident you are eligible for Accident Compensation under New Zealand’s Accident Compensation laws.
You may study at Bay Learning on a Student Visa, Tourist Visa, working Visa or Guardian Visa, whichever one is right for you.
For a Student Visa you need to obtain a student visa from the New Zealand Embassy or Consulate.
Each country has additional local requirements, which must be met before the authorities will allow a visa to be issued. The New Zealand Embassy or consulate in your country will advise you what other documentation is necessary.
To obtain a valid student permit or visa you generally must provide the New Zealand Immigration Service (NZIS) with the following, though some of these requirements may change from time to time, or from one country to the next:
- signed NZ Immigration visa application form
- visa application fee
- passport valid until at least 6 months past the date you plan to leave NZ
- a recent passport-sized photograph
- evidence of financial support while in NZ ($10,000 for a 36 week year, plus funds for air fares)
- $1,000 a month, if studying for less than 36 weeks; or $400 a month if you have a receipt for prepaid accommodation
- an ‘Offer of Place’ from a registered NZ provider such as Bay Learning Academy
- evidence that you have paid your fees for the duration of the course
- evidence of a guarantee of accommodation (this can be obtained from Bay Learning Academy)
- an outline of the course you wish to follow in NZ
- supporting documentation that shows that you meet the entry criteria, and that the chosen course is a logical progression of your study or development of career
- a handwritten letter stating your intentions, and how any courses are a fulfilment of a career plan which has already been started
- for people over 17 studying courses longer than 1 year, a police certificate
- for people studying for more than two years, a medical and x-ray certificate
- any other documents or information required by the Immigration Officer